Okay, Okay, I've been bad about blogging. But...with good excuse! I tried to sunday morning during our layover in ATL but the wireless is not free there and I was exhausted from lack of sleep on the plane! Dad and fiance meeting went great! I think they have hit it off. I totally knew they would! When we got back to the house yesterday, my dad and Teresa presented Scott and I with our Engagement/shower gifts from them and my grandma. Grandma gave us a gorgeous crystal vase from Lennox and a crystal ring holder to match. I wanted a ring holder for the shelf above the kitchen at Scott's house, for those rare times I wash dishes! ;0 LOL! Dad and Teresa gave us crystal candle holders from Micasa. There is 3 of them, each different size. They are beautiful! Scott said he will plant flowers in the yard so I can have fresh cut flowers for the vase! I love it! So we talked a bit, I showed them our invitation, guest book and some other things then it was nap time! Red eyes stink and especially when you can't sleep on the plane! We had dinner last night with my Great Aunt Eleanor (grandma's sister) and her friend, Betty (pretty much family.) It was really nice. It is weird not having Grandma here with us, but I know she is much happier now. She is with my Grandfather.

Today we went to the
Biltmore Estate. It is amazing!!!!!! The house alone is 4 acres! It is the largest home in America. The estate is gorgeous. Right now the tulips are in the garden. I am including pictures of my dad and I in front of the house and Scott and I in the tulip garden. I love tulips! They would make a beautiful wedding flower!

As the day starting getting on, the weather started turning bad. Right now it is about 6 pm here and is terribly windy and started snow flurrying! They say 50% chance of snow tonight and flurries tomorrow! 2 years ago I was here in April and it snowed. Dad says I'm not allowed back in April! LOL! At least we go home to WA tomorrow night. Let's see how that weather goes! It was gorgeous when we left saturday!
My bridal shower invitation for May went out this week! I can't wait! The girls have been planning this for a while, I am sure it will be awesome! I noticed some items purchased off my registry already! Can't wait to see them in real person!
I also spoke to my Uncle (my dad's brother) and my Aunt yesterday and they already bought their tickets for June! I can't wait! It will be so nice to meet with my cousins again! It has been about 10 years, *sad sad. My one cousin, Katlyn and I use to keep in touch quite a bit when we were younger so hopefully we can start up again!
Alright, almost time for dinner. Dad is taking us to an Italian restaurant tonight, go figure! I love Italian food though!
Today's verse: hmmm.....no verse, guess cause I didn't hook up to internet on start up. So I will leave you with another of my favorites.
Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew [their] strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
No comments:
Post a Comment