About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Good Afternoon! I am so excited today! We got up and went to church and the worship team begins but wait....that is not the usual worship leader! So this incredible voice starts worship and he has one other lady up there with him who was also incredible! I'm listening and thinking, "I know that voice!" Guess what? It was Evan Wickham and his wife! They were awesome! The cool part is that I also love his brother, Phil Wickham, and Joseph will actually be playing one of his songs during our ceremony and our first dance is also a Phil Wickham song! They are incredibly gifted by God and both write their own music! We were both really excited and surprised. We bought a CD after service. It was an awesome day of worship and Pastor Kelley gave a wonderful Easter message. Did you know that Easter is from a greek word (I don't know which one now) for fertility so that is where the Easter Eggs come into play? Weird fact, huh? P. Kelley told us that today! LOL!
The turkey is done we are just waiting on the rest of our dinner to finish. My mom is here this weekend, and we have been busy! Yesterday we went to Seattle (the picture below is from the ferry ride to Scott's parents.) We had a great time in the very first Starbucks and in the Market (Pike's Place.) We then took the ferry to Bremerton, toured downtown Paul's Bo and had a wonderful dinner with his Parents. It was nice for mom and them to meet before the big day! I am also including a picture of Scott, Hunter and I on the Pier (not sure which pier!)

Finally, I am famous! Okay, well not really, but apparently, my friend, Jacqui from school, found me on the web when she was searching for runs. Check out this blog post she wrote. I totally want to do the alien run! I wish I would be around, well, not really because I want to marry Scott, but doesn't a midnight run sound fun? I would also love to do the Seattle Rock N Roll Half this summer but it is too close after the wedding! Jacqui and I are talking about doing it next summer for sure and Scott and I are thinking of going to Vegas in Dec to do their 1st annual Rock N Roll Half! The Rock N Roll marathon's all support a good cause, I believe usually a cancer fund...but I could be off on that one. This weekend Scott and I registered for the Race For a Cure in Vegas, May 2nd. It is the morning of my shower! Can't wait!!!!
Today I'm going to end with Isaiah 53:5 But He [was] wounded for our transgressions, [He was] bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace [was] upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. (Taken from Blue Letter Bible-NKJV.)

No comments:

Post a Comment