About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Global Warming


Boy I really hope they get this Global warming under control! LOL!!! It is April in North Carolina and the high today was 40 and it has snowed all day long! This is not typical for this area at all! So much for Global Warming! It was beautiful today! Cold, but pretty! The first snow always is! We were able to get to downtown Asheville, walk around and have a nice lunch with my dad before we had to get to the airport. We are currently sitting in Asheville Airport in a couple of rocking chairs! I love it! Scott asked if I thought we could put a couple on our front porch...ummmm...let me think about this for a sec, YES!!!! I would love too!
So as we were spending time with my Aunt El on Sunday I couldn't help but notice her flawless skin! My grandma had the same. Barely a wrinkle! I seem to take after the Fina side of the family so I have hopes I will be pretty much wrinkle free. Although my mom doesn't really show her age either or have ton of wrinkles, I should be set! ;)
We are about 2 months and a few days away! I can't wait! Just talking about the details with my dad and Teresa this weekend got me soooo excited! It is going to be so much fun! Scott and I have put alot of thought into some little details to surprise our guests and add a personal touch!
Ugg! I haven't been running or even exercising since saturday, when Hunter and I kicked Scott's butt! I miss my time....I am ready to go tomorrow! Scott is doing this new workout series and tomorrow he is going to have me do the kickboxing part with him. This should be interesting! LOL!
Today's verse....1Peter 1:24-25 For "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached to you. (bold added by me.)
I'm sick over what they just said on the news. It is now legal in Iraq for husbands to rape their wives. I believe they said Iraq, maybe Afghan (anyway, one of those middle eastern countries we are fighting for!) SICK SICK SICK!!! Makes you appreciate our freedoms here in America and the men who fight for those freedoms even more!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing when we were in Havasu. The highs in Havasu are usually in the lower 80s this time of year. It was only 70 while we were there!! I was freezing on Sunday when we went out on the boat. Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete