I wanted to first give credit for the picture I posted and future ones. Josh and Kenny Cohen are amazing photographers who Scott and I were blessed to be able to book! They came from a recommendation from my friend, Jacqui, who used them for her wedding last August . She was a beautiful bride! The photos and others on their blog just stuck out to us! They are not your typical posing wedding shots, but the photos seem to speak.... anyway, a week after Scott proposed I met with Josh and Kenny and they were wonderful! They had the day I wanted available, their price is unbelievable and they are both professional photographers and they both do the pictures! NO assistant! I didn't need to call around, I knew they were who I wanted. For me, the photography was super important. I don't feel like I photograph well and these pictures were going to be part of the memory for many, many years . We did our engagement session at Lake Las Vegas during Thanksgiving. It was so much fun! We got some amazing photos! I am including a couple of my favorites. I love looking at them and remembering what I was thinking at the time. I also like that anyone else can see them and imagine the thoughts...like I said, a picture speaks so many words.
Honestly, when they first sent me the proofs, I did not like this photo. After Kenny editied it, I love it!!! My favorite part is how the colors pop and if you only knew what Scott and I were thinking during this shot you'd be LOL!!!!
This is just one of my favorite, favorite, favorites! I have other photos of us from that day and other times posted on our wedding website http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/AlisonMassimino&ScottKing.So we finished our 3rd day of counseling today and I must say, I went into counseling thinking I was going to learn the big secret behind a successful marriage. Guess what? I already knew the secret! The secret is everything God laid out for us in the bible. The same way we are to be towards others is how we are to be toward our spouses! There is no new way or secret! But as we are going through this my eyes are opening to charecteristics in myself and I realize that I need to be praying for my marriage and my new role as a wife even more! Marriage is going to probably be the hardest thing I have ever had to work at! I'm scared ;) But...I have never given up before and don't plan on starting now! God clearly thinks I am ready and can do this so I will trust Him! I already know that I know nothing!
So I want to also mention a few things that have come up during this period of engagement. We have dealt with the death of Herbie. My most loved yellow lab. He has been there with me since the beginning when I first started on my own. He was my baby. It was very difficult to put him down in January. Thankfully, Scott was able to be here with me. Right now I am dealing with my Granmother passing. She is in a nursing home in North Carolina and just not well. The doctors do not think she will last much longer. However, God knows when it is time to take her home. My original MOH also had to step down. I am not going to spill the details, I believe it is something personal. I will just say it was difficult, for both of us. God was so faithful to comfort me and help me to see the good in it. My bridesmaid, Becca, totally stepped up to the plate! Her and I are are just as close as Kiera and I are so she would naturally be the choice! I was worried she may not since I didn't ask her to begin with but she is so filled with love, compassion, grace and mercy. I am so excited you are my MOH Becca! You are awesome! The best news is that I also have a pseudo bridesmaid, Kiera, she did not step out of my life just the role. In the end it is just a title and our friendship means so much more! I am just so happy she is still a part of it! Her daughter, Elyse is my flower girl! I just love that cutie pie! So a bit of drama, but what wedding is without it? So far though, every detail of wedding planning has been blessed, something Scott and I are so grateful for. To us, it just reconfirms daily that this is where God planned us to be!
I am getting kinda nervous about moving. Hopefully having this blog will help with any blues that may come....or maybe they just won't come!
This is becoming a long post! I'm making up now for when I will slack!
I hope your day is blessed! I'm going to leave you with just a sneak peek....





No comments:
Post a Comment