Today, I finally made it in to get fitted for a decent nursing bra.
We live kinda far out, it isn't convenient to get to the mall and quite honestly, I didn't see getting fitted and trying on bra's with an infant with me. Since OK9 is on vacation, I took advantage! I put Baby K9 down for a nap and left OK9 2 bottles of milk. I headed down south (about a 45 minute drive to the nearest good mall.) I wanted Nordstroms and nothing else!
Let me back up. You are probably asking, "Why Nordstrom's? Why not Motherhood or something?" About 4 years ago the Today show featured a story about how most women in America are wearing the wrong size bra. Wearing the right size can completely change your appearance and feeling about yourself, truly! So, for my birthday that year I asked for a fitting and a few new bras. Nordstrom had the best reviews for fitting, so my mom and I headed there. I still lived in Vegas so it was way more conveinent to get to! It was a perfect day! I got fitted and yep, I was in the wrong size! I ended up with 3 bras that day. One they didn't have in the store so she ordered it for me, free of charge and shipped to my house. After a few wears and a wash, one of them did not fit so well. I returned it with no hassle and got a new one. Perfect! I followed the washing instructions and my new bras lasted well over a year. Although, honestly, I should have gotten new ones after a year. These did not fray, they still fit like day 1 and the elastic held up. They recommend washing bras, good or bad, by hand with either a delicate wash or your everyday dish soap. I use Dawn. Lay them flat to dry so they do not get mishapen. You should also store them flat so they keep their shape as well. If you are really pressed for time, because, let's be honest, who has time to hand wash? Anyway, if you are pressed for time, wash them in the shower with you. It's quick, and who doesn't take a shower? About a year and half later, I had lost a ton of weight and needed new bras. I headed right back to Nordstrom. A year after that I got married and who doesn't need new bras for that? I went down to Nordstrom and stocked up! Even hit the clearance rack for some great deals! A few months later, though, I got pregnant and the new, cute ones did not fit. *sigh. I headed to Nordstrom here and got 2 new ones for my new, preggo boobs. They were happy, for a little while, at least.
The thing is with getting fitted there is that it is personal. You get one gal, who knows what she is doing and she is dedicated to finding the right fit for you. I have never felt like they were selling me a bra I didn't want or the most expensive bra. I am always honest about my budget. They do an excellent job of explaining how the bra should fit and what other sister sizes you may fit into. They always write my size down for me too. I tend to forget alot. The best part though, is that there is no expectation or pressure to buy from them. You can simply get fitted then leave and go somewhere cheaper. I will say though, the bras are totally worth the price tag. I have yet to be dissappointed. Except by the fact that the cute ones I bought last summer may never fit me again.
So, it was only natural that I head there for this important bra. I got fitted and found a perfect bra! It's comfy, supportive, attractive-as attractive as a nursing bra can be. It even has a cool feature to help you unhook the cup to nurse. It was expensive. I could only buy one. For the most part, I just wear nursing tanks around the house or for running around. There are certain times though, when a gal just wants to feel like a gal and that means holding these pup in and up! I think I can do that now. The gal today wrote my sizes down and when I have a bit more money I will probably head to Motherhood to pick up a couple. Although, anything I have bought from there while pregnant did not last but a couple of months, so I am skeptical it is even worth buying a bra there.
If you have never been fitted, go. You will never regret the time it takes. You will feel new, young, perky, confident and most of all-well fitted. It can be life changing. Seriousely. |
Ok...time for me to go too. I am too embarrassed to even tell you how long it's been. But my clue is ... I was nursing my second child. :0/
ReplyDeleteMan, nursing bras never have fit me well. WEIRDLY enough, the ones from department stores and Motherhood never fit as well as my WalMart ones. Seriously. Weird. I am so glad you found a good one because they are hard to come by!!!!
ReplyDeleteseriously I am going to Nordstroms!
ReplyDelete