About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Praise Post

Last night before bed I was looking through my nightstand drawer. See, I have this thing about bedtime. I am exhausted but I procrastinate actually going to bed. My son takes after me. So, I am looking through my nightstand drawer and see my journal, laying next to my journal is Officer K9's gun. I paused, then decided the odds of the gun going off as I reach in to grab my journal are slim, so I went for it. The gun, I am happy to report did not go off. Now, you are probably wondering why the gun is in my nightstand drawer and not his. No, I do not know how to use the gun. We had switched sides when Baby K9 was in his bassinet, it fit better on OK9's side. We just haven't switched back. So back to the journal, I started looking at my last entry. It was a year ago! Ouch! Anyway, I started reading through various entries and was blessed by what I read. My journal entries are by no means nice and uniform. They are mostly ramblings, odd writings here and there. I've picked a few snippets that encouraged me. I pray they encourage you. If nothing else, may they be a light into who I am, a bit. Not too much.

Feb. 20, 2006~ I do not want to want for a husband. I want to wait on You to provide and until let your purposes be in my life. Don't let me hold onto desires that are not from you. 

Feb. 23, 2006~ Is my impatience causing me to stumble in my walk? Am I truly surrendering all to God and waiting on Him?

July 7, 2006~ Do I really dare to let God be to me all that He says He will be?

Dec. 4, 2006~ Someone at church gave me $200. God is awesome! 
(I never found out who the someone was) 

March 30, 2006~ My "husband" is my Isaac. I need to lay him down and trust in You to heal my heart.
(I had just read this amazing book, I forget the name now. Last night reminded me what my Isaac is today-Baby K9.)

June 17, 2007~ 1. God's love is everlasting
2. God's love is giving
3. Father is Holy
4. Father is merciful and gracious

Aug. 5, 2007~ Did I bring my plans to God? Is it about me or Him? I am seeing my singleness as a burden not as a blessing.

Aug. 6, 2007~ I am like the people in the boat who cried to Jesus during the storm. He is saying to me now, " Oh ye of little faith, why do you doubt me?"

Phil 4:8 Whatever things are true...
(This is a favorite of mine. In this entry I listed what things are true. You should do it. It was a blessing!)

Aug. 6, 2008~ When I had nothing I had God. Has He not always protected me and taken care of me?

Aug. 7, 2008~ I need to be whole in Jesus so I can give Jesus to my husband, that kind of love.

Sept. 6, 2008~ Officer K9-matched on 8/12/2008
I think "the one" has come into my life. It is overwhelming at times. I feel I need to totally rely on God because only He can lead this and work this out. I'm choosing God!

It was pretty cool to look back on where I was and what God has done. I think they serve as good reminders of places we should be, places we should never be again and places we can go! Let go and Let God! I was encouraged to get back to a place where God truly was my everything, morning, noon and night. Being a mom does that to you.


World Trade Center site, 2006

1 comment: