Pesky little creature. Would love to know the purpose! Our hate relationship began a few weeks ago. Up until then, we had no problems. We had a BBQ here. Apparently people don't like to keep doors closed around these parts. Thankfully I had this foresight so I locked my cat up! Anyway, people don't like to shut doors, flies like to fly in. We were left with these pests to clean up. They have lingered for weeks, despite my best efforts to rid our home of any food left out. I finally had enough! My neighbor called one night and asked for a tablespoon of cider vinegar. I asked why and she said to try and catch fruit flies. Bingo! So I made a container of cider vinegar and topped it with saran wrap and poked holes in the wrap. Just like she said. Caught one immediately, it got away. WHAT?!? I decided to research it. 1st, must only poke fork prong size holes or they can fly out. Duh! 2nd, it was recommended to put a piece of rotten fruit out, not the vinegar. So I set out on a mini science experiment. What would catch them the best. I made 3 different containers.
1-cider vinegar with a piece of pineapple and saran wrap.
2-cider vinegar with a few drops of soap, a piece of pineapple and saran wrap.
3- sugar water, piece of pineapple and saran wrap.
I set them all 3 out and waited. Didn't have to wait long. They each attracted the flies. #1 and #2 I had to let the flies go outside. #2 not only caught them but also killed them! Sweet! I have a new fruit fly trap. I have since caught all of them except one pesky one left. It will be gone in a matter of days, I am sure of this.
This is not a pest,
This is the cutest face ever! He can stay. Just in case you are not sure he is the cutest,
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.






Love the tongue!
ReplyDelete