About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Sleep, oh precious sleep

Napping during our mini-vacation to the Ocean



Now, Bug has been sleeping 12 hours from day 1. Granted, those 12 hours have always been quite choppy. Waking every 2 hours, then every 3, then every 4. Now, as we inch up to 5 months, I can safely say that Bug sleeps through the night. Not the 6 hours through the night but the full 12 hours. Occasionally he will wake about 5 or 6 for a quick dipe change and feeding but then it's right back to bed! The problem? Well, as a momma this makes me a bit sad. Is it weird that I miss our precious nighttime feedings? Those quiet moments in the middle of the night, when it is just him and I. The quiet sound of him swallowing, the sweet touches as he grasps onto my hand while he eats. The snuggles that inevitably follow his feeding just before I lay him back down. Is it weird that I miss not getting a full night's sleep? I THINK NOT! So the other night when Bug began stirring, not the full blown waking up but just a stir, I let him stir for a few minutes then padded over to his room. I smiled as he smiled at me, I hugged tightly as he hugged me when I picked him up and we sat in that comfy recliner I barely sit in anymore and I enjoyed the sound of his suckling. I felt a slight tinge of sadness when I laid him back down and he drifted off to sleep on his own. My big boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment