Or should I say how we dry, around here!
Ahh! Beauty on a line! (excuse the brown looking stuff below them that is suppose to be green. We have had unusual weather in these parts lately.)
Yep, those are Bum Genius 3.0's. I literally ordered a stash full (18) a few months before the 4.0's came out. I must say though, they are my favorite! I have absolutely no regrets that the majority of my stash are BG's. We have no issues with them. The fit is great, no leaks, super absorbent inserts. I started Baby K9 in these at about 4 weeks and have not looked back! Right there in the left corner is a Rumparoo. I got it free. It's super soft and is very absorbent. My only issue is that I have it on the next to the last setting and it is still almost too small for BK9. I'm not sure this dipe will last through his diapering years.
Now, part of me was nervous hanging so much money in diapers out to dry so far from the house. But, you would have to be stupid to steal from a cop, right? Wait, dumb question. They did, after all, name a show about dumb criminals. In an effort to try and save energy, I have been hanging my inserts out to dry too. I bring them in at night and in the morning will pop them in the dryer for a quick dry to finish and fluff. This seems to be working for us. I was having to do 2 dryer cycles on high heat to dry them. We don't have a HE dryer so that was a lot of waste! Hanging them out to dry also works to bleach them. So far we have no stains, no dingy looking inserts and no stinkies! I don't know what I will do come winter. We got our first electricity bill since CD'ing for the whole cycle and our bill did go up about $50/2 months. That also includes doing extra laundry for BK9. Not bad! Still a savings over using sposies!!!!! I'll stick to my CD's, thank you very much!





No comments:
Post a Comment