This is what I got now:
Pretty darn cute!
And this:
Oh and this, playing ball with his buddy, Hunter:
Yep, I got a cute boy!
In other areas, I made this lovely blankie for him:
Except, this time, I cheated! Shh...don't tell! I have a really good excuse though! I went to Joanns to look at some John Deere fabric to make him a no sew blankie. Well, they had this all in a kit. A kit, just meant it included the fabric with lines already drawn on it to cut. I compared it's price (on sale, 25% off) to the price of just buying the fabric myself and I really would have only saved a couple of dollars but by buying the kit I saved a whole lot of time! Sometimes, saving time outwins saving money, especially when we are talking about a couple of dollars. So I bought the kit! I love this pattern, it is too cute! I must say, it was also good to buy the kit because it gave me the opportunity to see how the blanket should line up and the cuts should go, etc. I was thoroughly surprised at how large this kit blanket was too. Much bigger than if I had bought the fabric myself. Baby K9 loves it. Hunter also loves it.
I love how he was watching Hunter!
I also made some of my own cloth wipes. At Joanns, in the scrap bin, I found 3/4 yard of flannel. The perfect material for your own wipes. I also bought a simple beginners sewing kit so I'd have thread and a needle. I sewed the first one, it took an hour! Then I thought, why do I need to do this? If I had a sewing machine this would go way quicker! So, I decided to not sew the rest. I washed each square (I cut the fabric into 8x8 squares) and quickly realized why you are suppose to sew the edges! I had a tangled, fray mess! Ugg! So I dried them then cut the edges. I have spent each night sewing a few here and there after Baby K9 goes to sleep. It is getting quicker. I'd post a pic but my sewing is below amateur. I won't embarrass my self. I figured they are to just wipe his bum so who cares what they look like as long as they stay together! So far, after one washing, they did. They clean his bum nicely too and I think he likes the feel. We decided to just use water. Based on another blogger's comments, I put some water in my diaper warmer and then I store the cloth wipes in an old huggies wipe box. They pop right up! I dip the wipe in the warm water and wipe. This way I can feel confident washing my wipes with my diapers. I read some mixed reviews on washing wipes that have been in a solution with your diapers. I don't want to risk any repelling issues so water it is! If we get a really tough mess though, I do have a squirt bottle of water and castille soap ready to go. Those wipes I will wash separately. I will also use a different set of wipes that I have from when he was a newborn and I used with diaper creams. They are already "contaminated" so to speak with cloth diapering no-no's. No big deal, those can be washed with other towels. For now, I am keeping some disposable wipes for on the go. That may soon change!
This Sunday we are dedicating Samuel to the Lord and I am so excited for the day! What joy to know that my boy will grow up in a home that loves the Lord! I can't wait to teach him about Jesus' love for us. Well, I kinda already started! Never too early to start planting the seed!
Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.





No comments:
Post a Comment