About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I have an addiction...

To cloth diapers! EEK! I told OK9 I just need $100 more at the end of this month then I will stop...for now!
These are my latest buy:


So cute!!!! They are BumGenius Flip! It's just the shell and you have 3 different liner choices. They call these Hybrid diapers. The shell is reusable, if anything does leak on it just wipe! I chose the organic liners and bought some disposables ones. These are the perfect on the go dipey! We tried them today for the first time and no leaks!!! Even with a poo blowout. My daypack came with 2 moonbeam liners, I really want to order two of the butternut, I didn't get that color with my 3.0's.

Have I posted the pic of Baby K9 in his BG 3.0's?

So cute! They make his pants look like an old man but he is the most adorable old man ever!!!!

I have been researching how to convert my velcro tabs to snaps on the BG when the time comes. From what I've read the velcro should last me at least a year, but could go longer. COtton babies is an awesome company and will replace the velcro but...I read this today on dirty diaper laundry blog, and learned how to convert them myself to snaps! I am hoping to win their giveaway to Kam snaps to be able to buy the materials! Kam snaps makes the snaps in colors to match my dipes. YAY!!! See..addicted!

My next purchase will be some stay dry liners for the flips, 2 new covers in butternut, a swim cloth diaper and these cuties, best bottoms, that I have been waiting for! Thank you Nicki's for allowing pre-orders. I want the chunky monkey for my little monkey and the mint chocolate chip. Yum!

We have been washing ours in Charlie's soap. Now, it has a bit of controversy around it but I must say my seemingly sensitive guys has had no problems with it. I really like how clean and fresh smelling it gets the diapers. The problem-I have only found it online. My neighbor found Planet at some local grocery stores. It has great reviews and is recommended by cottonbabies, the makers of Bum Genius dipes. I'm going to give it a try. I hear amazing things about Rockin greens ability to remove stink but sadly it only comes in powder form and our septic is not powder friendly.

Well, just a quick post on my new addiction.
Today marks the day I am officially a stay at home momma and no longer an Early Childhood Special Ed teacher. I shed a few tears as I said goodbye and watched my last group move on to Kindergarten. I remembered today that in this my 9th year of teaching, my very first class also graduated high school this year (I taught 4th grade prior to going into Special Ed.) I wonder, what will the pay be like in my new job? Are there benefits? Sick leave? Paid vacations? Do I still get holidays and summers off? I imagine these questions and more shall be answered shortly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment