About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Harvest

I was cleaning up around the house today and starting reflecting on what God has done in my life. As I was reflecting it occured to me that the most work in my life has been done during the summer months-for farmers this is the harvest time. Harvest, according to Merriam-Webster, means the season for gathering crops, the act or process of gathering in a crop. The Greek word for harvest is karpos which means fruit. According to Wikipedia, on small farms that do not have big machinery, harvesting is the most labor intensive activity of the season.

I began thinking of the work God as done in me as a time of harvesting. The seed was planted and now for all the years of my life His word will grow the seed and in my acts and service it will be harvested. Fruit will grow, at least that is how it should go. Sadly, as I remember the times of great fruit bearing I also remember the times of little or no fruit, at no fault but my own. Just like a seed needs water for nourishment, our walk needs His word for nourishment and growth.

Mark 4:26-29, the parable of the growing seed. As I look back on my almost 7 years of harvesting I am blessed, in awe, amazed and grateful. It excites me to think what this season of harvesting will bring. What seeds will be planted? What fruit will grow? Will this harvest be labor intensive?

Here is a glimpse of what past seasons have born:


Oregon coast with my mom


Philippines 2006




There is so much more but I would be typing for days! Such wonderful memories of what has happened and such joy for what is to come. God has amazing plans (Jer 29:11)and I can't wait to see them! I am reminded today to not stand in His way. We are harvesting in our garden this year. Seeds were planted, and when we tend to to them we have growth. Just the other day we picked strawberries and peas and ate them. Now others are not growing so well because we have slacked and not watered them. They need their food to grow and we are standing in the way of that. How often do I stand in the way of God nourishing me because I do not read my word, I am not in fellowship and prayer with the Lord? Lots of thinking done today, lots of convicting and lots of praise! What is He harvesting in you this season?

1 comment:

  1. This was great Momma K9! Very thought provoking...thank you.

    ReplyDelete