New K-9 cop recruit honors fallen officers | Lakewood News
So, this was going to be just a blog about dinner tonight until I watched the news! I was in tears! Of course, I just have a soft side for K9's, but what an incredible story! This pup will forever be loved and forever be the memory of 4 amazing hero's who gave their lives in November. Thank you to the Tacoma breeder who felt moved to give this department a bit of love in a time they need it! I am hoping Komo 4 news will post a video soon, the video on the news was so cute and so touching! The news reported that 2.1 million dollars has been raised for the 4 fallen officer's children. They are not taking donations for them anymore, but putting any new donations to other families that have lost a loved one. They are hoping when ROGeR gets old enough they can train him to be a tracking dog and he will join their K9 unit with Fellon (LOL), their narcotics dog. If he is not tracking material the Officer that has him now will get to keep him as the department pup. So awesome!!!!!
So, dinner tonight was probably the best, easiest ever! It was the perfect meal for a couple who only has 45 minutes together before Officer Hubby leaves. This morning I put a small pork roast in the crock pot. I added a packet of taco seasoning and 2 cups of water. Hubby turned it once during the day. It cooked on low for 10 hours and by time we ate it, it just fell apart and was shredded pork. I came home from work and whipped up some homemade guacamole, cooked some black beans and heated up the flour tortillas I bought at Costco. They come uncooked and you just heat them in the pan, soooo good! Will never go back to packaged tortillas! They came with a ton in the package, as Costco does, and I was able to divide the 2 packages into 4, I froze 3. They are good for 20 days once opened and kept in the fridge. With all that, we rolled up a burito and enjoyed! Of course we topped it with cheese, salsa and sourcream. But hey, add whatever you like in your buritos! Hubby loved it and I thought it was yummy! I had enough leftover for lunch tomorrow then I froze the rest and we will have taco meat ready to go anytime. EASY!
HF got his stripes
6 years ago





I LOVE those Costco tortillas! They are the best. You need to start posting pictures of all this great food! Like my mouth isn't watering enough ...
ReplyDeleteOhhh the tortillas intrigue me...I wonder if I can get them somewhere else...I am a BJ's gal, no COSTCO membership here!
ReplyDeleteApril- I have found them at walmart before too. I think...in the freezer section.
ReplyDeleteHen-(:) at least I didn't say Hotties wife), I know, I hate not having pictures, I just forget! Preggo brain!
I miss Costco
ReplyDeleteHey what a cute and touching story about the pup. My husband's a K9 officer as well :-)