
Gossip, many of us do it. Many of us do it and don't realize it's gossip. Do we even realize the effects it has on the one we are gossiping about? I admit, I do it. It's a whole different story though when you are the one being gossiped about it. This week I found out that I have been at the tail end of gossip at work. It wasn't necessarily to bring me down, but someone else, but nevertheless, it was about me. About me, the baby and our plans for the fall! After hearing the gossip I ran through all these plans to address it. We were having a staff meeting the next day, the preschool for the district I work for has it's own building and our staff is about 6 teachers, an admin, 2 family support managers, an SLP, psych and an OT plus 10 or so EA's. In any case I ran the conversation through my mind, here is how I thought it would go:
Me: "I heard someone has been spreading a lie about whether or not I will be returning next year. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to come ask me. It was good to hear though what my plans are and how I have been hiding them. I let Scott know what we had decided."
Of course, I did not say any of that. I actually didn't address it all. I just went about the day trying to figure out who had started it. By the end of the day, I realized it didn't matter. Gossip is just a lie and did not deserve any attention from me! If the gossiper feels okay knowing they are spreading a lie, as I have never discussed my future plans with anyone at work, especially since I don't know them yet,well, it just is not my place to say anything. They need to deal with those decisions. It did help me to remember though, the damage gossip can cause and that I should not be participating in such sin.
Tomorrow we have an appointment after school to "meet and greet" a pediatrician. I am fairly confident this will be Samuel's pediatrician. My friend, Officer Hottie's wife (he he) recommended him. He already recommends an alternate vaccine schedule, so no fight there! That is huge! Many ped's either won't even discuss it or participate in it or they fight you on it but will eventually follow your schedule. I have been researching this idea of an alternate schedule for a while, thanks to Kiera educating me. Dr. Sear's has a great book on the matter "The Vaccine book." I got mine on Amazon, used for $7! The title says "Making the right decision for your child." That is it, we are making what we believe to be the right decision for our child. In order to best do that, we need to educate ourselves. It's been no different than when we were thinking about our birth. What would be right for us and our child? If you ever want to ask me more about our decisions to use an alternate schedule, please do! I'd love to talk to you about it! For now though, I don't think I need to post my ideals on here. They are just my thoughts and decisions based on the research I have read, I am obviously not an expert!I encourage anyone thinking of not vaccinating or using an alternate schedule to research it, everything you can find! Make a truly informed decision not one based on gossip, funny I tied that in! For us, Dr. Sears website had good info and his book was invaluable! It discusses each vaccine, what they are made of, what they protect against, pro'/con's etc.... He even gives a suggested alternate schedule. Some of his ideas on his website did not work for us, but this was one that did! I have found as I am reading through sleeping, feeding, health care thoughts/ideas for babies, there is not one ideal that fits for us, but I am able to take pieces from different doctors, researchers etc that may. Of course, Samuel may come and put a wrench in all my planning! The joys of a baby!
Well, tomorrow is our Valentines/Friendship celebration and I have jello jigglers to make so the kiddies can cut them out and fruit to prepare so the kiddies can cut it up and make friendship salad. It will be a busy day but fun! They made the cutest love bugs for their moms today! I realized this week that I won't be there for Mother's day and we always do. Its super cute! I will have to start prepping my EA for it now! LOL! She rocks so it will totally come out great! I do love making cute crafts for the kids to take home and the families can keep forever! My mom still has mine and my brother's from Elementary school! Embarrassing but good memories.
Everyone enjoy the night and the hopefully long weekend. I have a 4 day one and Scott is off 3 of the 4! I cannot wait to sleep in with my husband, lay around doing nothing but whatever husbands and wives do, and just relaxing! oh- and the big plans he has for us for Valentine's day. Our first as Husband and Wife! Smooch!





No comments:
Post a Comment