Apple-apricot pork chops! They came out delicious! Last fall I got a free download of like 50 recipes for the slow cooker from Recipelion
They were super easy to make and came out so yummy!!!!
Ingredients
• 2 pork filets or chops
• 1 cup chopped apples
• 1 cup chopped dried apricots
• 1/2 cup fresh or dried cranberries (optional)
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 ribs celery, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup apple juice
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup dry sherry or wine (or more apple juice)
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 1/2 cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water; cover and cook 7 to 9 hours on low. 30 minutes before serving, pour
liquid into a separate container to skim off excess fat.
2. Stir in cornstarch mixture and return broth to crock pot. Continue cooking on low until
smooth and thickened.
Serves 4-6
So few changes I made:
I sliced the apples, used apricot preserves (had some that Scott's grandma had made) and sliced the onion as well. I was running late this morning and didn't have time to chop everything. I think it was better though. Especially if you have peep who don't like onions, they are cut big enough to pick them out! Also, I used all apple juice no wine or sherry here! I served with brown rice and put extra juice over the rice with the apples and veggies. In hindsight, I think Quinoa would have been delicious with it!

I had to share this picture Scott texted to me last Friday. Hunter had a vet appointment to get a shot and they replaced some of the meds from his first aide kit that had expired. Mind you, he is very well treated at this vet, the Dr. works with many of the working dogs in the area and they spoil Hunter rotten with biscuits. However, he is afraid. I asked, yes, he jumped in the chair unprompted and was made fun of. He is a Police Dog after all! If the bad guys knew he was such a wimp....Oiy! Thank goodness he is a drug dog and not a tracker! :)
Highlights of baby Samuel. He is moving around like crazy! Literally doing flips in my tummy, you can see it! He moves around all day and sleeps at night. Could it possibly be a sign of what is to come? Is it possible he will sleep all night? One can always hope and read "Sleeping through the night" for tips! He is about 3 lbs now, although it is not an exact science. I am measuring about 2 weeks bigger, but again, not an exact science. I don't put much stock in that and my midwife, Sky, was not worried about it at all! I am a very short torso and where else is he suppose to go? Well, right now he is going up in my ribs and it hurts! Sky said most women describe it like they are being sliced with a knife, yep that is exactly how it feels! If I can handle this for the next 3-4 weeks until my belly pops out not up, then I can handle labor naturally!
It amazes me peoples reaction when I tell them a midwife is delivering me. Even funnier when I say we are going natural. Hey-I know it's not for everyone, it's just funny to watch other's expressions. People sure don't mind telling you how you should raise your child or what you should do with them. Sometimes it can be hurtful, but mostly I just want to say "Don't you think I am more concerned about my child than you and Scott and I know what is best for him and for us?" Yet, I don't say that. I just listen to them and then Scott and I do what we know is best for our family, as we are the ones who have to sleep at night with the decisions we have made for our family. Our choices are based most often on research and prayer, lots and lots of prayer. I trust that God does know what He is doing and loves this child way more than any of us! That makes my heart rest.





You're so nice to listen and not say anything! With all the prayer you guys have put in it's clear you are already good parents...don't let anyone make you doubt that!
ReplyDelete