
So I by no means am a Martha and have the most beautiful presentations. It's never been important to me, it's more about how it tastes. This was Scott's plate. Ribs (my protein), baked potato with cheese and sour cream(iron in the skin for me & more dairy), and steamed cauliflower with cheese (more dairy!) My Bradley instructor would be so proud of my nutrition in dinner. :)
So onto the goods-the recipe! This came out way better than I expected! The ingredients look intense, but it was super easy to make! You literally throw it all in the crock and cook it on low for 6-8 hours. I prepped everything the night before-has a baggie of dry seasons, a bowl of the wet ingredients and sliced up the onion.
Barbeque Beef Short Ribs
Ingredients
• 3 1/2 pound beef short ribs
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 large onion, cut into wedges
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup tomato ketchup
• 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 2 teaspoon salt
• 4 medium potatoes, peeled
• 4 medium carrots, pared, cubed
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
• 1/4 cup water
Instructions
1. Mix all ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
*I did not add the potatoes or carrots. I was out of carrots and just not a fan of cooked potatoes like that. If I had though, I would have waited to add them with about an hour-hour/half left to go, otherwise they get too mushy. I also mixed the cornstarch and water separately then mixed it in the crock. Seemed to make sense to me!
When these were done, I used tongs to get the bones out of the crock, the bones were cleaned. The meat just fell off of them, but as you can see in the picture, stayed together as a chunk. It was a really yummy dinner and Scott said I can definitely make it again! I think mashed potatoes would have been good too, then you could drizzle the extra sauce on them. Mmmmm! Neither one of us finished our two pieces so Scott had the leftovers for lunch today. I used 4 large Beef Ribs that I picked up from Safeway on sale. It was even their premium cut of meat! Bonus!
I am going to leave you now with a warning from one of the 4 year olds I teach "When I eat green Christmas cookies, my poop comes out green." Lesson learned today-don't eat green Christmas cookies. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Psalm 94:12-13 Blessed is the man whom you discipline, O LORD, and whom you teach out of your law, to give him rest from days of trouble, until a pit is dug for the wicked.





Mmmm. That sounds good! I'll take your advice to heart. No green cookies.
ReplyDeleteGrowing up my mom would always make us eat the potato skins because "that's where the vitamins are". She said the same thing about bread crust. Anyway, it's good to know she wasn't totally lying about the potatoes!!
ReplyDelete