I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy!
I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!
Brandon Heath is becoming one of my favorite new singers! I am not exactly sure he is a new singer, but new to me! The Christian radio station around here, Spirit 105.3, plays him all the time. This is one of my favorite songs right now. I literally cry everytime I hear it. What a beautiful lyrical composition of 1 Corinthians 13. What a beautiful picture of the love that God gave us through the death of His only son, Jesus. That is true love and that is the basis of our love towards others.
A couple of my favorite lines, "Love will not cease at the end of time." Wow! God's love does continue through the heavens even when our time here on this earth is over.
"Love still believes when you don't." This is one of the spots that always grabs a tear from me. Even in my moments of "God? Really this is what you have for me? I don't know." He still loves me, forgives me and holds me in His arms.
I believe that 1 Cor 13 presents the example of how we are to be toward each other. To those we love more deeply than anything, like our spouses and our children, to those who come in and out of our lives as blessings from God in the form of friendship and all the way down to those who drive us crazy and we would rather not know! Love is patient and kind. How patient has God been with us, in my unbelief years to now when I get so stubborn and question His perfect plans for me? How kind is He is the love He shows us? I see it everyday when I look at my husband, when I hug him, when I feel his arms surround me in love, when I feel our baby roll around in my tummy. That is how much God loves me! In this Valentine season, let us not only remember to love on our hubbies and wives but also to love on God and let Him pour His love unto us!
Thank you Alison. I hear that song a lot and it's not one that usually speaks to me. There are others that make me cry each time though, so I understand when God speaks through music. After reading this, I think I'll hear the song differently. Well done!
Gosh I ADORE this song too. Husby and I were driving home from church one day and this song came on...I looked to him and said "I want this song played at my Funeral...because I want to LIVE it." I want to know that I LOVED like he called us to in 1 Corinthians 13!! Thanks for sharing...it just gives me goose-giggles!
Thank you Alison. I hear that song a lot and it's not one that usually speaks to me. There are others that make me cry each time though, so I understand when God speaks through music. After reading this, I think I'll hear the song differently. Well done!
ReplyDeleteGosh I ADORE this song too. Husby and I were driving home from church one day and this song came on...I looked to him and said "I want this song played at my Funeral...because I want to LIVE it." I want to know that I LOVED like he called us to in 1 Corinthians 13!! Thanks for sharing...it just gives me goose-giggles!
ReplyDelete