About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Monday, July 13, 2009

A month later...

I can't believe it has been a month since we got married! Happy Anniversary my love! The first month has been wonderful and I look forward to many, many, many more! I can't believe I waited a month to blog about the big day!
The day, June 13th, began like any other ordinary day....okay that is not how this story begins! The day began early, which is not like any other day for me (except that week since I couldn't sleep in!) In any case...Becca had stayed over with me the night before and we woke about 7:30 (I am pretty sure I had been in and out of sleep for a few hours prior.) I showered and did not wash my hair, per hairdresser's directions. I felt gross, slimy and unclean. Terrible feelings on your wedding day! Jen transformed all those feelings to give me this:


After the salon we headed to the hotel room to really get ready! Jenny had my de-puffing patches ready for me when I arrived. While I snacked and de-puffed, Becca got made up! It wasn't long before Josh and Keny Cohen (photographers) arrived. They started snapping away and I jsut relaxed! Next was my turn to get ready and wa la! Jenny was amazing and transformed me from a tired, worn out looking bride to this:
The florist soon arrived with my amazingingly beautiful Calla bouquet! She outdid herself! We rushed out the door and headed to Lake Las Vegas for our first look and bridal party pics! We had a great time and Josh and Keny took some amazing photos (sorry, don't have any to post yet!) The guys had fun playing Kung Fu fighters though! Check out their blog to see some teasers- The Cohens Photography. While there Josh saved the shaky bride by getting me some chips, yum! After about 2 hours of shooting we said our goodbyes, fiance and I one last time as engaged peep and headed to the church! Once again, Josh saved the day by providing cheeseburgers for the bride to chow down on just moments before taking the walk! I think Elyse enjoyed one too! It was a good thing I ate! The waitress at the reception pulled my dinner plate while I was dancing! Not to mention my slip was sooo tight, I could barely eat anyway! So back to the ceremony...

It was perfect! To be honest, the entire day was perfect! God completely smiled on our day and blessed us! It was amazing!!!! The high for the day was 88, completely unheard of for Vegas in June! We had sprinkles in the morning and little cloud coverage, which provided for some great photo ops! The ceremony went on without a hitch! Within 30 minutes I became Mrs. King and jsut could not stop the joy in my heart to walk away with my husband in hand! My bestest friend Kiera stepped right up and got the sanctuary cleared out and got the arrangements sent to Black Mountain before I could even blink!

Scott and I jumped in our car that mom got us and headed to Black Mountain Country Club for more fam pictures and our reception! We got some great pics, again! They did a really fun one of us running away to the sunset on the golf course (you can see it on the Cohen's blog.) After 30 minutes or so we were ready to head in and see our reception site! It was soooo beautiful! It was my first time seeing it and I was in awe! It looked so beautiful and the wait staff really took care of us and our guests! I don't have any good pictures of the room yet, but promise to post some!

To be perfectly honest there were only 2 minor snags and so minor, I can't even remember them now. While drama did try to come into our day, we looked up to God without giving drama a second blink! For "This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24 AMEN! That is what we said to ourselves and we did enjoy the day! I had a wonderful dance with my dad and step-dad, with my niece, Elyse and my husband! Him and his mom danced, so cute! After the parents dance we had fun, fun, fun and danced the typical wedding cheese songs-YMCA, slide etc....oh don't forget the Chicken Dance! About 10:30 we snuck out, well not really. Ended up saying goodbye to all and then we ended to our hotel.

To all who wonder-yes the wait for God's perfect one for me was worth it. I would not trade all those years alone for anything! There was never a moment where I questioned whether this was God's will, it was just so obvious. Ladies, it is worth the wait in all ways. There is no field to play-God already knows who the one is, just enjoy your singleness and the blessing it brings and wait patiently on God (ok, so that part isn't always easy, but trust me-soooo worth it!) It just isn't worth settling! It was nice to come into this marriage with a pure heart-which God made clean again many years ago for me. Now if I can just remember my own advice in times-Alison, it is worth waiting patiently, key word patiently, on God's best! :) There were many women along the way who were patient with me as I struggled with the same thing over and over again, whose words of encouragement came straight from the Lord. God used each of you mightly in my life. Trust in the Lord-that's all I can say!

This is way long now and I must get going on our anniversary dinner-Linguine and clam sauce (fresh clams) and brownies! YUM!

Matthew 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted






No comments:

Post a Comment