So, back to the happenings. Sky believes I am having prelabor symptoms and that baby K9 could make his grand appearance in the next week! Yikes! She didn't check me, we talked about it and she prefers not to until 39 or even 40 weeks. There is a chance that in checking me she could break my membranes (a pretty good chance) which could lead to labor or not and just be plain painful! We both agreed it wouldn't tell us enough to gage anything! Many women stay dilated at 1 or 2for weeks. So we didn't get the exact dilation or efacement. Officer K9 and I were both totally ok with this decision. It was more just curiousity that was getting us. She did recommend lots of rest over the next week, daily walks, intimate time between Offier K9 and I and spicy food. All this to help things move along. Umm....maybe I don't want to move things along! Too bad! Baby K9 is coming when he is ready and not when I am! At this point I am full term and we both feel so blessed to have made this far, with so much health for me and the baby. If he is ready to come then who are we to tell him not to? Officer K9 told me today that I have done great and he thinks I am a birthing machine...ok slow down there buddy! We still have the hard part to get through-delivery! We will not spend the next week reading into everything little thing (yea, right!) but will spend it praying for continued health all the way through delivery. God made me to birth this baby, right? Okay, I am still scared! Lots of prayer needed and needing ot be done by me!
I also just ordered our cloth diapers! I finally decided on Bum Genius! The reviews were too good to ignore! I ordered them through Nicki's diapers. They are so cute! I got a free pair of baby leggings too for ordering! Nickis was the easiest to order from and they have a gurantee with all sales! My co-workers had gifted us a GC for there to put toward our diapers and I can't wait to get them and try them with baby K9! We are still going to start with newborn disposables but hope to have him in the cloth quickly! I'll let you know how it goes!
On this Good Friday I wish everyone a happy resurrection weekend! I heard the cutest mom story on the radio today. After she explained to her son the ressurection story she asked him to repeat it. He got through that Jesus died on this day and 3 days later he came back as the Easter bunny. LOL! Too cute! Mom said she went back to the drawing board!
This picture was taken yesterday at the Tulip Festival in Western Washington. I remember thinking, if I got married in the spring, tulips would have been the prettiest wedding bouquet! I love the tulip! The various colors, the long stem. The surprise of what is inside when they pop open! Looking upon these beautiful fields I could not help but remember the wonder of God and the gift he gave us this weekend so long ago. Did anyone really know that when that tomb opened the most beautiful thing would be? That Jesus had indeed risen to save those who call upon Him?





Officer K9 is right ... you are a birthing machine! (That made me laugh out loud. I can imagine him saying that to you!) I can't wait to meet the little one! And see your new diapers ... whoever would have thought diapers would get me excited?? Last night Officer Hottie said he sometimes wishes we were having another baby; I wonder if the diapers would make him excited too??
ReplyDelete