About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Baby happenings

I realize I have not truly blogged in forever! Busy, busy, busy and then traveling. Figured I'd better get on it before I get busy with Christmas!

This was me on Thanksgiving Day, 20 weeks. And no, I do not know yet what I am having. I go for my ultrasound next week and should find out then, unless baby doesn't cooperate, which would just be sooo wrong!

So far everything has been normal in pregnancy. What has not been normal is my doctor! I actually have decided to fire him. I will get to that later.

Here are the highlights so far:

Nov. 5th began to feel first distinctive flutters.

Nov. 15th Baby kicked me-3X! Dad got to feel the baby kicking! Baby decided to keep me up all night, figured out how to move around and didn't stop!

Nov. 25th (Las Vegas, NV) Baby moves up in my belly and boy did I feel it! My belly was not quite stretched enough for that yet and it was tight! I actually got worried with the pressure and soreness. About 3 a.m. I could not handle the not beign able to get comfortable and sleep anymore. I tried texting Kiki to ask her if this was normal. All that was going through my head was "I never should have flown!" Well, of course at 3 a.m. Kiki was asleep, so I called the maternity triage line here at the hospital (I was 20 weeks now so allowed to call them, not just the ER) and Scott prayed for us. After speaking with the on-call doctor and realizing it truly was just stretching and nothing serious, he recommended I take a warm bath and some tylenol. Having no tylenol, my wonderful husband drew me a warm bath (thank goodness the guest room at the Farrar's has a bathroom in it!) After the bath I slept much better and woke with the belly you see above. What an exciting Thanksgiving!!!! That night, Rhonda graciously pushed and rubbed on my belly, she found the head and bum of the baby and whatever she did, got the baby in a better position. I slept like a baby, lol, the rest of the weekend! Now the baby just rolls around like crazy! I love the feeling and it is so great to share that with Scott. He loves kissing baby goodbye when he leaves or when it is time for bed. We have found the baby really moves during worship at church. On the plane ride home I put the headphones on my belly and played country and christian music. Baby enjoyed that more than the motor sound!


Had a fun time visiting family for Thanksgiving and the girls, Becca, Kiki, and Jenny took me to Cheesecake Factory (YUM!) and then to a movie for a late birthday celebration. It was a well needed girls night out for this girl who hasn't had one. Cheesecake! Need I say more?


Sadly on our way to the airport Sunday we heard the news of the 4 Lakewood Officers murdered here in Washington. Once we got to the airport we were able to get online and see the breaking story. It was the next day that Scott got confirmation that the Sgt murdered was one of his instructors for SWAT when he was on the team. It just broke our hearts to hear of the tragic ambush and then to hear the story as it unfolded. Our prayers continue to go out to the families and the Officers on the Lakewood PD. This certaintly has brought me to my knees praying for my husband, Hunter and the other guys he works with each night. Thankfully, they caught the bad guy before he hurt anyone else. Even more, they are getting all the accomplises he had and we just Praise God for the justice He has given. I also am so grateful for the comfort I have in Him. Not saying I don't worry for my husband, because I always have. But...there is a comfort in knowing that God has him in His hands and loves him more than even I do! The best thing I can do is pray for him each night and let God take care of the rest! :)


At last months appointment I asked my doctor if I could get my ultrasound before this visit (I just went today for my 21st week visit.) He said if we want 100% assurance of what we are having we should wait. So I reluctantly agreed. Everyday people ask me "what are you having?" Of course they assume I know, because everyone knows by now! Well I don't know. Guess what? I show up to the doctor today and as he is searching for the heartbeat (he did find it) he asks me "Do we know if it is a boy or a girl yet?" I about kicked him! I looked at him and said "You wouldn't let me go yet!" Grr! So he finally wrote order for it, they don't do them there. I called today and the earliest they can schedule me is Tuesday. We may wait until Wednesday though since Tuesday is Lakewood PD memorial.


I have not been super comfortable with my doctor anyway. I feel like he doesn't know me and really I am just another patient. After praying, researching and talking with so many, we have decided to leave him and go with the midwifery clinic at the hospital I plan on delivering at. It will be a much more personal experience, I meet each midwife, and the midwife stays with me pre, during and post! An OBGYN doesn't even do that, no matter who they are! Since I will be at the hospital, if anything goes ary, there is an oncall OBGYN. There was no gurantee my dr. would deliver anyway, you just get the oncall dr. I already feel better and really enjoyed speaking with the midwife clinic the other day!


We got our tree up the other night, outside lights are all up, just have a few more yard decorations to put up, snow flurries in the forecast...we are all ready for our FIRST CHRISTMAS AS HUSBAND AND WIFE! I love this time of the year!


Merry Christmas and remember...without Jesus there would be no Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment