About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a K9 Officer and very proud of the work him and Hunter do each and every day. I am also the proud new momma of a beautiful baby boy! I have hung up my Masters in Early Childhood Special Ed to become a stay at home mommy. I am so excited to be starting my new job, although, so far, it doesn't feel like a job!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A year later.....

Happy Anniversary to being matched on eharmony!!!!

Yep, a year ago today Scott and I were matched on eharmony. We were just talking about how much has changed in one year! Who would have thought this is where we would be a year later? I was just reading through some of our first emails to each other. It's funny to read now, we both were so unsure! Actually, in our first emai to each other (still through eharm site) we both wrote (no kidding) "I'm very unsure about this whole thing but will continue praying about this and see where the Lord takes it." Silly us! God already knew where He was taking it! Funny thing is that when Scott 1st got me, he was going to delete me, he had only wanted to meet girls in this area and LV was too far! For some reason (Hmmmm.....wonder what that reason was???) he read my profile and really liked what he read! For me, I was very unsure, not because of the distance but just because the whole thing was weird to me! Meeting someone online? Was that taking it out of God's hands? I still wasn't convinced it wasn't. Thank fully God used Kiki to push me into taking the chance and..... Scott and I hit it off! God did have big plans for us! (Jer 29:11)

3 months later I was visiting WA for the 1st time and Scott proposed! I still remember how nervous he was! Oh- I was just reading one of our emails and I had mentioned to Scott I was going to Disneyland. He wrote back "That's cool. Wish I could go." A week later after we had talked on the phone for over 10 hours that first weekend, he was planning his trip to come to LV to meet me for the 1st time and come to Disney with us! Brave guy- met my 2 best friends, the family, The Harwoods, and Cody that weekend, and still wanted to marry me! ;) It was so obvious to us both that weekend that God had amazing plans for us, I think by then we both knew we would be getting married. Okay, Scott was sure of it, in usual Alison fashion, i denied it, thought of all the reasons that this wasn't what God wanted. Of course I was wrong and it was just my way of being fearful, untrusting, absolutely ridiculous! Thank you Becca for being my voice of reason and pointing me bcak to the word! Geez- if not for Becca and Kiki maybe we wouldn't be together??? Thank goodness God sends us friends like them! He has used them mightly in my life!

So here we are a year later, I am watching my husband rock hound our yard to prepare for the dirt which is getting delivered today. In a month, he says we will have a full backyard of grass! Oh- and it will be flat! While I think the wedding was perfect! The marriage is amazing! God can us the internet! Nothing is out of His power! When He has designed for 2 people to come together in marriage to serve Him, amazing! That is all I can keep saying! We already know with Him in the middle of our marriage we can handle all the ups, downs, hills and mountains that come our way! Including the baby we will be having in April! Yep, a year later with a marriage and a baby on the way! Scott and I like to take things slow! LOL!

One of my favorite, most comforting things to do, whether its a great day or a bum day, is to read the Psalms, particularly 145 on. They are just full of praise and there is no way that I can't help but be filled with joy, even on those bum days!

Psalm 145:8-9 The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works. (that's one of my favorite verses!)

Scott and I often remark we wish we had met years ago. Then we stop ourselves because we are reminded that it is in God's timing. We each had things that we needed to go through, choices we made, molding that needed to be done so we could be the husband and wife that each other deserved. It's still a work, but God thought we were pretty close to being ready! LOL!

Can't wait to see what God has in store for the next year!
Ok, I have the best picture to add to this post but blogger pic uploader is not working! GRR! Hopefully will get it up later!

No comments:

Post a Comment